This tutorial uses Cydia Impactor was developed by SaurikIT, LLC. The Cydia Impactor is a GUI tool for working with Android devices.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Star Duos on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Star Duos should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The Cydia Impactor is compatible with the Galaxy Star Duos (GT-S5282). Verify the model number of the Galaxy Star Duos by selecting Settings >> About Phone.
1. Cydia Impactor for Mac OS X, Windows, Linux (32-bit), or Linux (64-bit)
Steps to Root Galaxy Star Duos S5282 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract the Cydia Impactor .zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Connect the Galaxy Star Duos to the computer using USB cable.
Step 3: Run Cydia Impactor on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 4: In Cydia Impactor, select "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" in the drop-down menu then click Start button to begin the installation process.
Step 5: Once the installation process completes, unplug the USB cable from the computer then install SuperSU directly from the Google Play Store.
That's it! Samsung Galaxy Star Duos S5282 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Note: Tested working on the Galaxy Star Duos S5282 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. This method should work with any Android devices. Try it and let us know.
Click here to know How to Update Galaxy Star Duos S5282 with Android 4.1.2 XXANA2 Jelly Bean official firmware.