Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXEMA2 Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
This tutorial uses CF-Auto-Root file released by recognised XDA Developers, Chainfire. The CF-Auto-Root file allowing Galaxy S3 I9300 users to root their devices easily.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy S3 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The CF-Auto-Root file works only on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Applying this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy S3 I9300 (CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip)
2. Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link)
Steps to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.1.2 XXEMA2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract downloaded CF-Auto-Root zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool and you will find a .tar.md5 file within it.
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete this installation process smoothly.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy S3 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB driver.
Step 7: Select these files in Odin at respective buttons:
- Click the PDA Button, and select CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5.
Step 9: Verify everything suggested in Step 7 and Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 running on Android 4.1.2 XXEMA2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You may now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Note: Many Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed custom firmwares to your device. Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter to zero.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.