Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: February, 2013
Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand (La Fleur)
The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users who fail to upgrade their devices with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using official method, may follow our step-by-step guide to update manually.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on your computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu >> Settings >> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4) Ensure the battery of the tablet is charged more than 80 per cent.
5) Your tablet should be factory unlocked.
Steps to Update Android 4.1.2 XXCMA4 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 XXCMA4 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to your computer. You should get a .tar file along with some other files while extracting the firmware zip file
Step 2: Download Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link) and extract the zip file
Step 3: Power off the Galaxy tablet and enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together. Then press the Volume up button to continue enter into Download Mode
Step 4: Run Odin on the computer
Step 5: Plug in the USB cable to the Galaxy tablet to connect it with the computer. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if the device is successfully connected
[Note: In case you do not see the Added message, then try another USB port. If that does not work too then reinstall USB driver.]
Step 6: Select the files, in the order mentioned below, which you have extracted from P3100XXCMA4 folder
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file with Code in its name (Required)
- Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name (Optional)
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name (Optional)
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file (Optional)
Step 8: Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation
Step 9: After the installation process is completed, you should see a 'Pass' message with green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin. The tablet will then automatically reboot and soon you should see the Samsung logo. You may safely unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
[Note: If the Galaxy Tab gets stuck at booting animation (after step-9) then head over to recovery mode and perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe Data/factory Reset and then select Reboot System now.]
Android 4.1.2 XXCMA4 official Jelly Bean firmware is now installed and running on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Head over to Settings >> About Tablet to verify the software version on your device.
Click here to know How to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXCMA4 Jelly Bean firmware.