Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 DXMD3 Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options (Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings >> Applications >> Development (Android 2.3 or earlier).
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The CWM Recovery and SuperSU files used for rooting are compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 running on Android 4.1.2 DXMD3 Jelly Bean. Applying these on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 by selecting Settings >> About Phone.
3. UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip or the latest UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.32.zip
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800
Step 1: Extract Odin3_v3.07.rar file using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file to external SD card of tablet.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together. A warning screen will arrive, then press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin on your computer.
Step 5: Connect the tablet to the computer using the USB cable while the device is in the Download Mode. A message saying Added will arrive under Odin's message box in the bottom left. You will also get to see COM port with a number in Yellow when the tablet is connected to the computer successfully.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA and select the cwm-184.108.40.206-p6800.tar file. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option in Odin is not selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once installation is completed, the tablet will reboot automatically. After the home screen appears, unplug USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer.
Steps to root Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 by Installing SuperSU via CWM Recovery
Step 9: Reboot the Galaxy Tab 7.7 into CWM Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
Step 10: Now select install zip from sdcard, select choose zip from external sdcard and then navigate to the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file. Select and confirm installation by selecting Yes.
Step 11: Once installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot tablet.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 running on Android 4.1.2 DXMD3 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You may now install any app that requires root permission.
[Note: Tested working on Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 with Android 4.1.2 DXMD3 Jelly Bean firmware, should work with other Jelly Bean firmware. Try it and let us know.]
Screenshot 1: Installing CWM Recovery using Odin
Screenshot 2: Installing SuperSU via CWM Recovery
Screenshot 3: Rooted
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers. All credit goes to CWM Recovery and SuperSU original thread.
Click here to know How to Update Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 with Android 4.1.2 DXMD3 Jelly Bean official firmware.