Version: Android 4.1.2
Built date: March, 2013
Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand
- Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Galaxy Note 2)
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App (Same as in Galaxy Note 2)
- Notification Panel (Can now be customized)
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel can now be disabled
- Smart Rotation
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play Features
- New Widgets from the Galaxy S3
- 2 Home screen modes
- Google Now
The Galaxy Note N7000 users who failed to receive the OTA update notification or unable to access the update over Samsung KIES can download and install the same manually, using our step-by-step guide.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu >> Settings >> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4) The Galaxy Note should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5) Ensure the battery of the tablet is charged more than 80 per cent.
6) The Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and installing this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Therefore, verify the model number of the Galaxy Note by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Install Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean (Mirror Link) firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to the computer. Then extract the downloaded zip using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool to get a file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension along with few other files
Step 2: Download Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link) which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Note. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
Step 4: Launch Odin on the computer
Step 5: Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB driver.
Step 6: Select the files, which are extracted from the N7000DXLSE Jelly Bean folder, to install on the phone
- Click on PDA and select the file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension
- Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file
Step 7: In Odin, verify the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also verify that the Re-Partition option is unchecked
Step 8: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the firmware flashing. Upon the completion of the installation process, a message saying PASS will appear
Step 9: The phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears, safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should be now updated with official Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Click here to know How to Root Galaxy Note N7000 running on Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean firmware.