Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810 users who have already installed their devices with official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
This tutorial uses Motochopper file released by Recognized XDA-Developers, djrbliss. The Motochopper file allowing Galaxy Fame S6810 users to root their devices easily.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Fame on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
5. The Root Package file works only on Samsung Galaxy Fame with model number GT-S6810. Applying these to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Fame by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Root Package (Mirror Link) for Galaxy Fame S6810 (motochopper.zip)
Steps to Root Galaxy Fame S6810 Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract the motochopper.zip file using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable.
Step 3: If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "run.bat". If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute "./run.sh".
Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the rooting procedure completes, the phone will boot into normal mode. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Note: Tested working on Galaxy Fame S6810 with Android 4.1.2 XXAME2 Jelly Bean firmware, should work with other Jelly Bean firmware. Try it and let us know.