Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXCMA4 Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
This tutorial uses CF-Auto-Root file released by recognised XDA Developers, Chainfire. The CF-Auto-Root file allowing Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users to root their devices easily.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on your computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options (Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings >> Applications >> Development (Android 2.3 or earlier).
3) Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4) Ensure the battery of the tablet is charged more than 80 per cent.
5) The CF-Auto-Root file works only on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Applying this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 Running on Android 4.1.2 XXCMA4 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root package for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer. Extract the downloaded zip file, you will get a file with .tar extension under the extracted folder
Step 2: Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip file
Step 3: Switch off the tablet and place it into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together. A warning screen sill arrive, then press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode
Step 4: Run Odin on your computer
Step 5: Connect the tablet to the computer using the USB cable while the device is in the Download Mode. A message saying Added will arrive under Odin's message box in the bottom left. You will also get to see COM port with a number in Yellow when the tablet is connected to the computer successfully
Step 6: In Odin click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5 file
Step 7: Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin
Step 8: Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
Step 9: Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will automatically restart and soon you should see a Pass message with green background in the extreme-left box at the top of the Odin. You may now safely unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXCMA4 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You may now install any app that requires root permission.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.