Chainfire recently released CF-Auto-Root file for variants of Samsung Galaxy Chat bearing model number GT-B5330/B/L.
CF-Auto-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock Samsung firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root. In essence, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access. Head over to the CF-Auto-Root main thread to learn more about the root method.
Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330/B/L users who have already installed their devices with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Chat on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options (Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings >> Applications >> Development (Android 2.3 or earlier).
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Chat should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The CF-Auto-Root file works only on Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330/B/L. Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Chat by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy Chat GT-B5330 (CF-Auto-Root-zanin-zaninxx-gtb5330.zip), GT-B5330B (CF-Auto-Root-zanin-zaninvj-gtb5330b.zip), or GT-B5330L (CF-Auto-Root-zanin-zaninub-gtb5330l.zip)
2. Odin 3.07
Steps to Root Galaxy Chat B5330/B/L Running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract CF-Auto-Root and Odin 3.07 files using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Switch off the Galaxy Chat. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 3: Launch Odin on the computer.
Step 4: Connect the Galaxy Chat to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added. If Odin fails to detect the device then re-install USB driver.
Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root with .tar.md5 file.
Step 6: Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option in Odin is not selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330/B/L running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.