Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXAMCE Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu >> Settings >> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Grand Duos should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The Recovery file and the SuperSU files used for rooting are compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Applying theses on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Grand Duos by selecting Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082
Step 1: Extract Odin3_v3.07.rar and CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip files using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Copy Fix-Recovery.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip files to external SD card of phone.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Grand Duos. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin on your computer.
Step 5: Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable while the device is in the Download Mode. A message saying Added will arrive under Odin's message box in the bottom left. You will also get to see COM port with a number in Yellow when the phone is connected to the computer successfully.
Step 6: In Odin, click the PDA and select the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 file. Also, ensure the Auto-Reboot and Re-Partition options in Odin is not selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once installation process is completed, unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from computer. Then switch off the phone manually (Take out the battery).
Steps to Root Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 by Installing SuperSU via CWM Recovery
Step 9: Boot the phone into CWM Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
Note: This should boot in CWM Recovery if you manually switch off the phone in Step-8.
Step 10: Now select install zip from sdcard, select choose zip from sdcard and then navigate to the Fix-Recovery.zip file. Select and confirm installation by selecting Yes.
Step 11: Return to main recovery menu and repeat Step 10 but this time choose UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file.
Step 12: Once installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot phone.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, running official Android 4.1.2 XXAMCE Jelly Bean, is now rooted successfully.
Note: Tested working on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 with Android 4.1.2 XXAMCE Jelly Bean firmware, should work with other Jelly Bean firmware. Try it and let us know.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.