Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It's a fully touch driven user interface - no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
- XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
- Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
- Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
- Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times.
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 users can now install TWRP on their devices using the tutorial below.
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy S4 I9505 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the tablet is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The TWRP Recovery file works only on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505. Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S4 I9505 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. TWRP 2.5 for Galaxy S4 I9505 (openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-jfltexx.tar)
2. Odin 3.07 (Mirror Link)
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4 I9505
Step 1: Extract Odin 3.07 file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Switch off the Galaxy S4 I9505. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until the device turns on. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 3: Launch Odin on the computer.
Step 4: Connect the Galaxy S4 I9505 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-jfltexx.tar file.
Step 6: Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option in Odin is not selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start in Odin. The installation process will now begin.
Step 8: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
That's it, TWRP recovery is now installed on your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505.