Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Feb 17, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (LTE) P605 users who missed the OTA update notification or unable to access the update over Samsung KIES, may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually.
1. Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
5. The Android 4.3 XXUBNB2 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P605). Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Note 10.1 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Android 4.3 XXUBNB2 Jelly Bean Firmware (Mirror Link)
2. Odin 3.07
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (LTE) P605 with Android 4.3 XXUBNB2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Extract Firmware zip file using WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip or any other extracting tool, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
Step 2: Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
Step 3: Switch off the Galaxy Note 10.1.
Step 4: Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 5: Run Odin on the computer as an Administrator.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy Note 10.1 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.
Step 7: Select the following files in Odin from extracted P605XXUBNB2 firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step 9: Verify everything suggested in Step 7 and Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit the Start button to begin the installation process.
Step 10: Once the installation process completes, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect it from the computer.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (LTE) P605 should be now updated with Android 4.3 XXUBNB2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings >> About Phone to verify the software version running on the device.
Note: If Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (LTE) P605 stuck at booting animation after Step 10 then go to recovery mode (press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together) and perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option. Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Read also: How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (LTE) P605 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware